Sunday, August 16, 2015

Reading And Partying Not Writing

So if I'm reading and partying I probably don't need to tell you that very little writing has been done. On the long drive to my sister's house I was reading Rock Your Plot: A Simple System for Plotting Your Novel. I am only on the second chapter because it is very hard to read as the kids fight in the back seat. I think I read the same paragraph about 8 times before I shut it down and stopped trying, but I am enjoying it and look forward to getting back to it tonight. I don't see much of a difference so far between Rock Your Plot and Larry Brooks' Story Structure Series over at StoryFix2.0. However, it still has nice tidbits and you never know when something said in a slightly different way will create an aha moment. I am sure I can use as many aha moments as I can get at this point.

ROW80 August & September Goals Rundown

1. Write 2 Poms every day.
I was able to write on Wednesday and Thursday night, but Friday and Saturday were a no go. I had to edit a paper for my daughter on Friday night and it took me a long time. Then on Saturday I was at my nephews' birthday party. It was nice to hang out with family and have fun, but I missed my imaginary friends.

2. Post for every ROW80 check-in.
This one is later shorter than I like, but still here.

3. Spend 1 Pom per day visiting ROW80 friends.
I have been visiting my ROW80 friends. You guys are so busy and really hitting your goals. It makes me happy for you, but sad that I am not achieving everything I planned to. Instead of getting down I am using your inspiration to get myself going again.

4. Post to Twitter on ROW80 days.
So far I am still getting this done. Yay, done!


Photos by Pixabay.

4 comments:

  1. It's okay to have not been as productive as some. You're getting things done, which is the point. :) Sometimes Real Life intrudes. It's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin's right. Life happens. Take a deep breath and start again! :-) ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete