Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Weaving Words Despite Cobwebs

Right so this is supposed to be the interesting part where I give a little background about what I am working on and the challenges I have had over the past few days. Unfortunately I have no idea exactly what to tell you about. I have been working on the outline for The Most Magical Place and besides the usual time constraints I haven't had problems that I can remember. I have most of my main plot points fixed and the immediate get to and go from scenes, but the connective tissue is what I need to work on. The sub plots that I planned need to be woven in and I am not that good with a word loom.

ROW80 Rundown:

1. Spend 2 poms on plotting using Hiveword.
This has been going well. I am still plotting, but making a lot of progress. I was only able to get to one pom last night because Rowan woke up with a bad dream just as I had started the second one. He won't always need to cuddle so we take the time while we can.

2. Spend 2 poms on posts for this blog.
I haven't done this everyday. I have to pick a topic before 11:30 the night before I want the post to go out. I need an idea file, but right now I mostly just have cobwebs. I plan to use tomorrow's poms to brainstorm topics ahead of time and research if necessary.

3. Spend 1 pom on social media for blog posts.
I posted on Twitter and the Facebook on Sunday and pretty much ignored it. I keep saying I need to work harder and I am doing stuff all day and night long, but I just don't seem to be able to get everything done. I pretty much feel like I am falling down a giant deep hole all the time.

4. Spend 1 pom on visiting other ROW80 bloggers.
This I did everyday, but yesterday. I so enjoy seeing the progress you are all making. It is inspiring.

Photos by Pixabay.

8 comments:

  1. Funny that you should mention "connective tissue" in your post, as we just had a patient at our clinic today with what the doctor thinks is mixed connective tissue disease - not such a pleasant disorder to have. I kind of get the feeling that it is important to have your connective tissue in proper order, whether in your body or in your writing. Perhaps I will have to write that analogy sometime...
    Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good analogy and your extension is an interesting concept.

      Delete
  2. I like the way you describe that part of writing... the connective tissue. I'm bad at that. And social media... don't knock yourself when it comes to social media. There's always more of it;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least we've identified the places we have problems and can work on our connecting scenes.

      Delete
  3. You still made progress. That's most important. I am trying to balance Zombie Prom and writing, which will stabilize after May 30th, but enough of that. Kudos to the progress, Chickie! As for the connective issues, you will find your way back out of the paper bag and be able to move forward, just keep going and trying. I believe in you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to have a date that you anticipate a little slow down to help keep you motivated. Thanks for saying you believe in me, it's always nice to have someone in your corner.

      Delete
  4. What's a "pom"? :)

    Thanks for linking to Hiveword. It looks like it might be fun to play with!

    I never put social media in my goals -- for me, it takes up so much time, there's nothing left for the real work, writing and translating. So huge congrats on your progress, especially with that on the list too!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pom is short for Pomodoro Technique. It is a way to help keep on task and minimize distractions. You can find out more here

      Delete