Monday, July 15, 2013

Social Media Darling...

Riding in the car on a long journey I realized that I could grab a few moments to work on my writing. Though in reality the incessant humming of my five year old in the back seat will probably keep me from getting much done, but I am going to try. (Since I got this done in the car I decided to give you a bonus photo of him.)

Today I would like to talk about presence in social media. Mostly because I don't have one. I think my focus probably needs to be on Facebook with the huge number of users. I have an author page, but I usually forget to post to it after I finish my blog. Another important site is Twitter and thanks to Triberr I think I am getting a lot out of my twitter profile. Of course I could always do more, but I am not sure what exactly to do.

I have done a lot of reading on the subject, on the long car ride, and most of the suggestions seemed like great ideas. For instance one site said to have an interactive conversation with your followers instead of delivering a sermon from upon high. This seemed reasonable and helpful. I know you need to respond to comments to let the readers know that you are paying attention to them. Another site said not to post on Facebook more than two times a day. I was just wondering who posts that much and where do they find their content? Still another site suggests you have a video on your site because it will bump you up in searches and add varied content for your readers. Something else that I thought was fun was a suggestion that you get gaming. Play games and run contests for your readers. Now to try and implement some of these ideas.

What do you think is your most important social media platform and what is the best way to take advantage of it? What do you do to keep your readers engaged?

photo credit: Rosaura Ochoa via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment