Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Midweek Check-in and a case of the blahs

Today is midweek check in for the ROW80 participants. ROW80 is the writing challenge that knows you have a life. We are all different and we all have different demands on our time.  Why should we all have the same goal?  The simple answer is that we shouldn't.  If you want to be a writer, then you have to be able to roll with the punches and adapt to your changing circumstances.  If that means changing your goals when your life blows up, so be it.  ROW80 is the challenge that champions the marriage of writing and real life.

My goals for this round are:

1. To post every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. 
2. To write 500 words on any project.
3. To write a flash fiction piece for Friday Flash.

I have been faithfully posting. A random writing topic on Monday. So far I covered a great outlining method I stumbled across and what to do with social media. I have only been checking in for ROW80 on Wednesdays because I can't handle another day of posting and especially on the weekends. Both Fridays I managed to post a story for Friday Flash. One was a little steamy and the other is a series that started on a field trip.

I am doing well at meeting the goals so far, but I am feeling uninspired at present. What do you all do when you are not really feeling it?

photo credit: Jiuck via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment