Sunday, July 19, 2015

Baffled By Falling Behind Again

I set the goal lower than NaNoWriMo and still I am loosing steam. I went to the memorial service today for my Great Uncle Joe and realized that I didn't recognize half the people there, though I was related to them. It made me so sad because it seems that our extended family has stopped gathering except for funerals and weddings. They are kind and amazing people, but everyone is so busy with life and we always think there will be tomorrow. I tried to write tonight, but I am having trouble concentrating so I will leave this short check-in and go to bed.

PSA: Not sure I have said this recently so I will say it now. Back up your files! Go on, do it now. You don't want to loose what you have been working so hard on, do you?

ROW80 July Goals Rundown

1. Write at least 800 words per day on my Camp NaNo novel The Most Magical Place.
I think I wrote on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, but all the days are running together. There is no
time where there is peace long enough to write while people are awake and the more I need some time alone the harder it seems to get people to go to bed. I am still ahead of my projected goal, but just barely. Hoping it holds out and I can make it across the finish line.

2. Post for every ROW80 check-in.
I am on target for this. So far so good.

3. Spend 1 Pom per day visiting ROW80 friends.
I did a lot of reading, but was having some trouble commenting on Wordpress blogs on my phone so didn't say hello to as many as I would have liked.

4. Post to Twitter every day.
So much no. I really want to and I think I will, but it seems to slip through my fingers every day. I am wondering if I should just change this one. Must think on it.


Photos by Pixabay.

9 comments:

  1. Isn't it true about losing contact with friends and relatives? It is so sad that we are all too busy to make the time to see the people we care about. Here's the funny thing - so many people spend all their time on their cell phones, texting and scrolling through social media, yet we are less connected to others than ever. Huh.

    Best wishes in the coming week. Just keep tweaking those goals. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to see though that once everyone arrived very few phones were out except to take pictures. I think I am connected with more people who I would have otherwise lost contact with all together, but the ties are not as strong as they would be if we didn't have the option of getting just the headlines as often.

      Delete
  2. So true! It's so easy to lose touch with people and there are so many distractions! I'm having a productive but foggy day myself so I totally understand. With some good rest you'll be feeling better and back at it with zest! :) You're doing great girly! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad your day was productive even if a bit foggy.

      Delete
  3. I have learned that trying to log time on twitter doesn't work for me. If I can get a little bit posted, retweeted, etc, then I am doing good. Maybe just focus on the writing and visiting fellow blogger. Twitter will always be there. Just a few cents of advice from a fellow tweeter that doesn't always get to twitter.

    Still i think you did rather well with the write and posting goals. I have also noticed that certain blog type are not always easy to post to. If i cannot post, I will at least read their post, and maybe send them a response via twitter. It's how you find a rhythm/pattern to the interwebs.

    Hope you're week is good to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I do think I'm going to stop worrying about making it to Twitter every day. Goal adjustment here I come.

      Delete
  4. Hey, you're doing great! If Twitter's not working for you, kick it to the curb, man. It's one less thing to distract from the goal. I'm thinking of doing the same. If you don't mind swears, I read a pretty awesome post about what this whole writing thing's really about, and I didn't see Twitter on the list: http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2015/07/21/think-plan-write-edit-repeat/. Hang in there, and keep on keeping on. :)

    ReplyDelete