Sunday, February 22, 2015

ROW80 and Detective Skills

ROW80 rundown:

1. Write 500 words per day on any project.
I had a really good mid week check-in and then there was lots of nothing. I can't remember what, if anything, I did writing related for Thursday. I spent 8 hours trying to find a program that meets my needs for lesson planning only to be defeated on Friday. Saturday I was at a reenacting event and that took up most of the day. Here it is Sunday and I am at least working on the ROW80 and hoping to get some writing time.

2. Blog at least every Wednesday and Sunday.
Still keeping up with this. I had some trouble with this post because I like to add something besides the check-in, but there was just nothing and I was spending time I could have been writing trying to figure out what else to post.

3. Check out at least 10 posts from each new ROW80 linky before the next one comes out.
Success! I was able to make it to 10 fellow ROW80 participants and leave comments.

4. Use Twitter at least once per day.
I didn't get to Twitter on Saturday, but managed to post the other days and not spend too much time messing around.

5. Post on my author Facebook page at least 3 times per week.
I thought about this on Friday, but didn't have anything to post so didn't get to it.

6. Read 1 book per week.
Still working on Sherlock Holmes and not getting far. I reached the second part and was completely confused. There is a huge shift in the middle of a sentence from the perspective of Dr. Watson to another character in a completely different country. It was so jarring that I thought the file was corrupted. However, after checking reviews there were many mentions of the jump. Now that I am not as confused I can finish the book.



Photo by Pixabay

6 comments:

  1. I feel like this posts personalized your goals quite a bit! And you seem to have gotten to a lot of your goals for the week. Your goals are extremely specific, but this method seems to work for you. I have 8 goals, relating to various parts of life, each with several parts and caveats, and I seem to focus on 2 each week. Anything more is a bonus. Good luck this week! (Also, I think I know which Sherlock story you are referring to...I skip that part when re-reading now...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have mentioned it was A Study In Scarlet. I have to make my goals specific or when I attempt to get them done I will add do many extra things and it will crush me. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  2. Sherlock is a favorite character of mine, but always on screen. I should try reading one time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conan Doyle is a harder read, something that I have to read slowly. Don't worry it's not you. :-) He might have saw something shiny when writing that sentence. It's been a while since I read anything Conan Doyle. Will need to revisit with him soon. I never figured out his stories, where other mysteries I could get an idea, I was always so far from left with his solutions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not find most of his writing style hard to absorb, just the drastic jump. I am not generally a fan of mysteries and don't like to be able to figure out how the book will end. I am not even sure if I considered who may have been the killer while reading the book. So maybe my brain doesn't work that way. However, I find it fascinating that people actually do succeed in guessing who done it.

      Delete