Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Liebster Award Nomination

I was graciously nominated for the Liebster by fellow Lake Writer, Elise VanCise. The Liebster is a getting to know you kind of post. A fun way for bloggers and readers to get acquainted. The nominator picks 11 nominees and gives each of them a set of 11 questions to answer on their blog. In response, the nominees choose 11 new nominees from their circle and gives them a different set of 11 questions.

Basically, it's kind of like an interview. You might even be nominated more than once. Which is okay because you get to answer different questions and have more fun. Now on to my set of questions hatched by Elise.

1. If you could spend a day in a book which book would it be and what would you do?

Easiest question EVER! I would choose Lord of the Rings. My heart already lives in Middle Earth so getting to spend a day there would be a dream come true. The thing I would like to do most is spend time with Tom Bombadil. No he wasn't in the movie, stop looking at me like that. I adore that he was able to handle the ring and not be influenced by it's power. 
Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow, Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow. None have ever caught him yet, for Tom, he is the master: His songs are stronger songs, and his feet are faster. —The Fellowship of the Ring
2. What are 3 things that are rarely known about you?

Secrets, embarrassing stories and confidential information. No, seriously I'm not gonna tell you.

3. What is your favorite coffeehouse treat?

Mile High Peanut Butter Pie from Austin's Coffee. Where they know not to include the whipped cream, but to double the peanut butter crumbles. I will go with it's because they love me.

4. Do you like to write with music or utter silence? If music, tell us what inspires your muse.

Usually I write with my husband yelling at the video game that he is playing in the same room and snoring coming from my son's room. Maybe this is one of my problems with the writing experience

5. Tell us what makes your hometown awesome.

We have the whole Disney World thing going on. Plus there is Sea World and Universal. When I lived in Orlando I was a pass holder and pretty addicted to Disney. I have literally been the last person out the Magic Kingdom gate. The staff never said anything to us, but followed us from Fantasy Land through the stores and to the front gate creating a human blockade to keep us from turning around. When they closed the gate there was loud and rowdy cheering. It was quite the experience.

6. What inspired you to become a writer?

There is a story in my head and I need to get it out so that I can have room for stuff like the bills and other things I am supposed to be doing. That and apparently I am into torturing myself.

7. What is your favorite book to movie adaption?

I don't really like movies that much. Yes, I have been told I am an odd one before. They are usually pale imitations of the tomes that they are portraying. That being said the costuming, scenery, visual effects and set building in the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movies were stunning and made a part of that movie come alive for me. Not that my imagination couldn't experience it until Peter Jackson put it to film, but they left the Shire standing. I can actually take a trip there, if I could ever afford it. I think that makes them my favorite adaption.

8. Where is your favorite place to write?

My favorite place to write is at a coffee shop or a Denny's type place. Even with all the hustle and bustle it is still quieter or at least less distracting than my house.

9. Have you ever participated in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month)?

Yes, I have. I participated in 2011, 2012 and 2013. I decided to take a break in 2014 which I regretted a week or so into November. I will be back for the 2015 season.

10. Do you have a routine or thing that makes you feel ready to write? Like a special shirt or a writing exercise.

No, but I should probably get one of those. Maybe if I had a routine it would help me get in the mood to write faster and more often.

11. If the Tardis appeared outside of your house. What would you do?


If the Tardis appeared outside my house I guess I would load the gun. If the Dr. is here, shit just got real!

Well, there you have it 11 random things about me. Now it's my turn to pass the spotlight.

I would like to nominate 11 people, but to be honest there aren't 11 people who come to my blog on a regular basis. Instead I have listed 1 person from Lake Writers, 4 people who subscribe to my blog who also have a recent post and last but not least **YOU**. That still doesn't get me to 11, but sometimes your best is all you can do.

1. Katherine Starbird
2. Susan Says
3. ... MICHAEL DI GESU ... ... ... In Time ... ...
4. Menopausal Mother
5. Writing Off The Edge
6. YOU! THAT'S RIGHT IF YOU READ THIS FAR THEN I NOMINATE YOU! LEAVE A COMMENT SO I KNOW TO FOLLOW YOU BACK TO YOUR BLOG AND SEE YOUR ANSWERS!

Your questions are:

1. What is your name? What is your quest? What is your favorite color? OK so those aren't my real questions, but I couldn't resist.

The real questions:

1. What character from a book would you most like to meet and why?

2. What is your favorite TV show?

3. Have you ever suffered from writer's block and if so how did you get around it?

4. What is something only your family would say about you?

5. Where would you go on a dream vacation?

6. Do you have any hobbies besides writing and reading? What are they?

7. If you could live in another time, which time would you choose to live in?

8. Who would you rather be Pinky or The Brain?

9. What is your idea of a perfect date?

10. If you could have a supper power what would it be and why?

11. What 3 words describe you best?


ROW80 quickie:

1. Write 500 words per day on any project.
Monday: More of the writing in the book thing while on the road/indisposed.
Tuesday: 648 actually typed on The Most Magical Place
Wednesday: 1206 on this post (Probably too many, but fun.)

2. Blog at least every Wednesday and Sunday.
Still doing this and feeling accomplished.

3. Check out at least 10 posts from each new ROW80 linky before the next one comes out.
I only made it to 8.

4. Use Twitter at least once per day.
Check again.

5. Post on my author Facebook page at least 3 times per week.
As Meatloaf would say, "Two outta Three aint bad."

6. Read 1 book per week.
Not much progress.


Some images by Pixabay
photo credit: stop the writers block via photopin (license)

8 comments:

  1. I hope you do get to go to Hobbiton in NZ one day. It's the most magical experience. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face the whole time we were there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I enjoyed answering most of them. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. So, I am doing the Libster because it's fun and I like to meet and introduce more people to each other. It's a theatre thing. :-)

    See here: http://missdragonlady.blogspot.com/2015/02/liebster-award-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Loved it :) Especially the snoring and gaming going on LOL. Right now it's so quiet here I can't think at all *turns up Spotify LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I have no idea how I would do with real quiet. I don't think I have EVER written in quiet much less silence. Happy writing!

      Delete