Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Shooting In the Dark

Since I am not really sure what I want to do with the characters that have been bombarding me I am focusing on other things at the moment to keep me writing. I was talking to my friend and Municipal Liaison, Elise, about helping out with content on the Lake Writers Blog and she recommended trying some things I haven't attempted or stuff that made me uncomfortable. She said something like lots of bad writing is practice for better writing, but much more elegantly I'm sure. So I decided to practice writing in first person. I wrote it and that took a long time. I edited it the first time and that took a long time. Then I tried to talk myself into sharing it looking for feedback and that took a long time. (Convincing myself to share not the feedback.) I am not completely thrilled with the middle, but like the beginning and LOVE the end. 

ROW80 Rundown
  1. Make the check-ins on Sundays and Wednesdays - This is my first check in since I started so I am at 100%! YAY! (Though I am pushing it at after 11:30pm on getting the post finished.)
  2. Visit 5 fellow ROW80 bloggers each check-in - I visited 5 ROW80 friends posts and commented on 3.
  3. Write 500 words every day - I wrote almost 800 words in a flash fiction on Monday that will appear on the Lake Writer's Blog on Wednesday the 24th. It is in need of some new love because 2015 was a rough year and things fall to the wayside. Tuesday I didn't write anything because I had to drive like 200 miles round trip with 3 kids in tow. Today I worked on this blog so not enough words. This section originally ended with I have some time before the kids are done playing and I am planning to get some writing done, but that so did not happen. 
What do you work on if you find yourself between projects or if you need a break from a project that is confounding you? Please leave me a comment to say hello. Don't forget to let me know where you are visiting from so I can follow you back and see what you're up to.


Photos by Pixabay.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are making great progress already. Good job!
    I need to get back to one of the four projects I am working on - no I guess I have five projects in the works and haven't touched any of them in a week! I keep thinking of ways to get back on track, but end up wasting time on something else. I try not to beat myself up, telling myself that I will get back at it when the time is right. I just hope that time comes soon!
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am thinking the beating yourself up makes you more unproductive in the long run.

      Delete
  2. I often come back to things that rotated out of focus for a time.. I try to ease in slowly, a bit at a time till the project feels real and pulls me in. I tend to keep lots of things going at once, so I've gotten used to it.

    Sounds like what you're doing is a good re-entry point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rotating on several projects is an intriguing idea. Maybe it would keep me from getting so burnt out. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete